Rhine & Moselle Delights - 10-NIGHT CRUISE
Day 1 :
EMBARKATION – BASEL, SWITZERLAND
Board the ship for your Rhine & Moselle Delights cruise. (D)
Day 2 :
Breisach is your gateway to several different excursions, depending on your interests. Step back in time with a visit to the enchanting Alsatian town of Riquewihr, which looks almost the same as it did in the 16th century. On your walking tour, admire historic architecture as well as famous sights, such as the Dolder Gate. Alternatively, you may wish to go to Freiburg, founded in 1120 and home to the Freiburg’s Münster, a Gothic cathedral said to have “the most beautiful spire on earth.” Those wishing a more active excursion can cycle through the scenic countryside, or go on a hike to the Black Forest*, a magical land full of cultural traditions, as well as home to elaborate cuckoo clocks. (B,L,D)
*Please Note: Black forest hike is weather dependent and may only operate at certain times of year. Please refer to your final documents for details.
Day 3 :
Strasbourg, the capital city of Alsace, offers flavors of both France and Germany. Enjoy a panoramic tour past the stunning Parc de l’Orangerie, the European Parliament and the Place de la République. Then walk through its iconic UNESCO World Heritage “La Petite France” district, which appears to have been lifted straight from the pages of a fairytale. Wander through these charming streets and past the Cathédrale de Nôtre Dame with its famous astronomical clock. Alternatively, the active adventurer can take a guided bike ride through this captivating city and Parc de l’Orangerie. (B,L,D)
Day 4 :
LUDWIGSHAFEN, GERMANY – RÜDESHEIM
You have a choice of several excursions, depending on your interest. Visit Heidelberg, a perfectly preserved medieval city nestled in the Neckar River Valley along Germany’s Castle Road. Alternatively, relive a bygone era on a tour of the glorious Schwetzingen Baroque Palace. Or, you may decide to visit Schwetzingen Palace Gardens with more than 100 sculptures and an assortment of whimsical buildings. The Apollotempel houses a statue of the ancient Greek god of light and the arts, playing the lyre; and the most spectacular, the Türkischer Garten with a mosque, are a few of the many highlights you will see. For a more active adventure while in Heidelberg, join a guided hike up the Philosopher’s Path, aptly named during the Romantic Period, and be rewarded with panoramic views of the city. Later in the day, sail to Rüdesheim where you can visit Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum or taste one of the town’s special delights, Rüdsheimer coffee, ceremoniously made with brandy. (B,L,D)
Day 5 :
RÜDESHEIM – RHINE GORGE
Your exploration of Rüdesheim continues with your choice of three excursions. Take a gondola ride to the Niederwalddenkmal Statue. Afterwards, indulge your taste buds with a sampling of Riesling wines in the vineyards. Alternatively, you can join a guided bike ride through the town and along the Rhine River to Schloss Johannisberg or hike through the town’s beautiful vineyards. During the afternoon, set sail along the scenic Rhine River Gorge with its fabled legends and many castles. (B,L,D)
Day 6 :
Sail to Bernkastel, located in the middle of the Moselle Valley’s wine-producing region. Walk through its colorful Old Town center and past many medieval and Renaissance buildings on a guided tour, and afterwards, be treated to a wine tasting. Cycling enthusiasts can choose to join a bike tour along the shores of the Moselle River, and hikers can opt to trek up to the ruins of Landshut Castle. (B,L,D)
Day 7 :
Enjoy a scenic morning cruise along the Moselle River to Trier, Germany’s oldest city, where you can discover on a city tour why it has been called the “Rome of the North” or “Second Rome” as it has impressive Roman relics and nine UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Alternatively, go in search of the secrets of the Porta Nigra Gate on a tour that takes you back to a time when Rome ruled the world from the Emperor’s seat in Trier. You also have the choice of a bike tour through the historic city center and along the Moselle River; or hike high above Trier to Petrisberg. (B,L,D)
Day 8 :
Discover how the castle has been an integral part of the town’s history, and afterwards, go on a walking tour along Cochem’s narrow cobblestone streets lined with medieval houses. For a more active excursion, hike to the castle or go on a biking tour along the Moselle River. As an alternative excursion, you can visit one of Europe’s oldest working mustard mills where you will sample Cochem’s famous mustard. (B,L,D)
Day 9 :
Join a guided tour through the Old Town and explore the UNESCO-designated cathedral. Continue on to the Cologne Rathaus, Germany’s oldest town hall, and take in other local sights. For a different view of the city, visit a local tavern to taste its famous Kölsch beer, only made in Cologne, and reibekuchen mit apfelmus, potato pancakes typically served with applesauce. Active adventurists will want to join a guided bike ride along the Rhine. (B,L,D)
Day 10 :
AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS.
View Amsterdam on a scenic canal cruise followed by a walk to Begijnhof, known for its Middle Age buildings. Or taste the local flavor on a guided walk past the city’s iconic canals, gabled houses, narrow bridges and house boats, tasting Dutch specialties at a grand Amsterdam cafe. (B,L,D)
Day 11 :
AMSTERDAM – DISEMBARKATION
Bid Farewell to Amsterdam and prepare for your flight home. (B)
(B - breakfast, L - lunch, D - dinner)
TOUR PRICES & DEPARTURE DATES:Click Here for BEST-BUY quote.
|EMBARK DATE||EMBARKATION CITY||DISEMBARKATION CITY||SHIP NAME||PRICES|
|EMBARK DATE||EMBARKATION CITY||DISEMBARKATION CITY||SHIP NAME||PRICES|
- Important: Dates, prices & itineraries are subject to change.
- Port Charges: $168 per person.
- Single Supplement for Cruise: 50% of twin price; AA+ & Suites 100% of twin price. Please see terms below for details.
- Bedding: Please select bedding configuration at the time of booking. Option A: Two twin beds Option B: One large bed (larger than queen size).
- To reserve a spot please click here and fill in the reservation form.
Terms & Conditions:
- All rates are per person for cruise only, based on double occupancy in an entry level category stateroom unless stated otherwise. Offer is valid on select sailings only and applicable to new bookings only. Unless explicitly stated that single supplement is waived, solo travelers in a double occupancy stateroom must pay an additional single supplement amount before receiving any discounts. Ask about Solo Traveler promotions. Offer is not combinable with any other promotions/discounts, limited to availability, capacity controlled and subject to change or termination without notice. Port charges, land programs and round-trip airfare. Other restrictions apply. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California.
- Click here to view: Deckplan of AMA-WATERWAYS River Cruise Ships
- The brand new fleet of AMA-WATERWAYS ships are setting new standards in European river cruising and offer a number of features not found on other European river cruise ships. Clients will enjoy the luxury of more space, 2 panorama lounges, Fitness Center, Massage and Beauty Salon. There are 25 bicycles on board for you to explore the small towns and to ride on the many bicycle paths along the various rivers. The ships operate for the English speaking market only.