Christmas Markets on the Danube - 7-NIGHT CRUISE
Day 1 :
EMBARKATION – BUDAPEST, HUNGARY
Board the ship for your Iconic Christmas Markets cruise. (D)
Day 2 :
Home to several UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the Buda Castle quarter in Castle Hill and Heroes’ Square, Budapest offers an unmatched combination of culture and tradition. The remainder of this tour takes you to both the Buda (hilly) and the Pest (flat) sides of the river. Afterwards, you’ll visit Vorosmarty Square, the oldest, richest and the most spectacular of all the Christmas Markets in Budapest. As an alternative, you can hike to Castle Hill, walking along Fishermen’s Bastion and take in all the iconic sites of Budapest with an active exploration. (B,L,D)
Day 3 :
BRATISLAVA - VIENNA
Host to the crowning ceremonies of 11 Hungarian kings and queens between 1536 and 1830, Bratislava certainly has earned the title “Coronation City of Kings,” as you’ll discover during your walking tour. You’ll also have an opportunity to visit Bratislava’s charming Christmas market. Or join a special “Tastes of Slovakia” tour. For a more active adventure, hike up to Bratislava Castle, offering magnificent views of the city. Enjoy a free evening to explore Vienna on your own. (B,L,D)
Day 4 :
The “City of Waltzes” offers a treasure trove of gems just waiting to be discovered. Join a tour showcasing its regal splendors, such as the majestic Opera House and the former Imperial Palace of the Habsburgs, before concluding in Vienna’s historic city center. If you prefer a more active adventure, then join a guided bike ride through Vienna. During the afternoon, visit the market at Schönbrunn Palace with a giant sparkling Christmas tree. Cap the day off with “Vienna by Night” Christmas Markets at the beautifully decorated Rathaus Christmas Market, Vienna’s largest Christmas Market. (B,L,D)
Day 5 :
WEISSENKIRCHEN – WACHAU VALLEY – MELK
After reaching Weissenkirchen, you’ll have a choice of excursions. Join a walking tour in Dürnstein and then taste some of the village’s distinctive wines. Or visit a local boutique to taste Durnstein’s special apricot treats, such as jams and chocolates. Prefer more active adventures? Join a guided bike tour from Weissenkirchen to Melk. For those not biking to Melk, you’ll sail through the UNESCO-designated Wachau Valley to Melk. Once in Melk, you’ll visit its magnificent Benedictine Abbey. (B,L,D)
Day 6 :
Linz is known for being the city of Christmas crèches and its ever-popular Linzer torte. While here, you have a choice of three excursions. The first is a morning walking tour through Linz’s old city center and by the Mozart House, where he composed the Linz Symphony in only three days, as well as visit Linz’s Christmas Markets. Or you can go on a guided bike tour through Linz and along the city’s famed “Culture Mile” and the Danube River. Or go on a full-day visit to Salzburg where you’ll enjoy a walking tour of the UNESCO-designated Old Town, its magnificent cathedral and its Christmas Markets, including the Hellbrunn Palace, where its inner courtyard is turned into a romantic backdrop for one of the most beautiful Christmas Markets in Austria. During the afternoon, for those not going on the full-day Salzburg excursion, visit the charming Czech mountain town of Cesky Krumlov. (B,L,D)
Day 7 :
During the season of Advent, beautiful Passau dresses in her Bavarian holiday splendor, which you will discover on your walking tour through the city and at its Christmas Market at St. Stephen’s Square—also home to its magnificent cathedral. Go in search of unique crafts, including Bavarian-style houses and glass ornaments. If you prefer a more active adventure, hike to Paulinerkloister Mariahilf or join a guided bike ride along the Danube. Later, sail for Vilshofen, where you’ll be treated to an exclusive Oktoberfest celebration. (B,L,D)
Day 8 :
VILSHOFEN – DISEMBARKATION
Disembark the ship and bid farewell to Vilshofen as you prepare for your flight home. (B)
(B - breakfast, L - lunch, D - dinner)
TOUR PRICES & DEPARTURE DATES:Click Here for BEST-BUY quote.
- Important: Dates, prices & itineraries are subject to change.
- Port Charges: $168 per person.
- Single Supplement for Cruise: 50% of twin price; AA+ & Suites 100% of twin price. Please see terms below for details.
- Bedding: Please select bedding configuration at the time of booking. Option A: Two twin beds Option B: One large bed (larger than queen size).
- To reserve a spot please click here and fill in the reservation form.
Terms & Conditions:
- All rates are per person for cruise only, based on double occupancy in an entry level category stateroom unless stated otherwise. Offer is valid on select sailings only and applicable to new bookings only. Unless explicitly stated that single supplement is waived, solo travelers in a double occupancy stateroom must pay an additional single supplement amount before receiving any discounts. Ask about Solo Traveler promotions. Offer is not combinable with any other promotions/discounts, limited to availability, capacity controlled and subject to change or termination without notice. Port charges, land programs and round-trip airfare. Other restrictions apply. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California.
- Click here to view: Deckplan of AMA-WATERWAYS River Cruise Ships
- The brand new fleet of AMA-WATERWAYS ships are setting new standards in European river cruising and offer a number of features not found on other European river cruise ships. Clients will enjoy the luxury of more space, 2 panorama lounges, Fitness Center, Massage and Beauty Salon. There are 25 bicycles on board for you to explore the small towns and to ride on the many bicycle paths along the various rivers. The ships operate for the English speaking market only.