Magnificent Europe - 14-NIGHT CRUISE
Day 1 :
ARRIVE IN AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS – EMBARKATION
Board the ship in Amsterdam for your Magnificent Europe cruise. (D)
Day 2 :
There are 165 canals in Amsterdam, and you’ll get to enjoy some of them on your canal cruise. Later in the day, set sail out of Amsterdam. Or, enjoy a visit to the spectacular Keukenhof Gardens, which has millions of tulips planted across a 70-acre park. (B,L,D)
Day 3 :
Enjoy cruising to Cologne, home to one of Germany’s most revered Gothic masterpieces, the Cologne Cathedral. Join a guided tour through the Old Town and explore the UNESCO-designated cathedral. For a different view of the city, visit a local tavern to taste its famous Kölsch beer, only made in Cologne, and reibekuchen mit apfelmus, potato pancakes typically served with applesauce. Active adventurers will want to join a guided bike ride along the Rhine. (B,L,D)
Day 4 :
RHINE GORGE – RÜDESHEIM
Cruise through the captivating UNESCO-designated Rhine Gorge, the most stunningly beautiful stretch of the river, before reaching Rüdesheim. Wine connoisseurs will want to go on a walking tour through the vineyards where you’ll stop to sample wines at three different tasting stations. Or choose to drink up the stunning views by soaring high above the vineyards with a gondola ride to the Niederwalddenkmal Statue. For a more active adventure, join a guided bike tour along the scenic Rhine River. Later in the day, let Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum charm you, or taste one of the town’s special delights, Rüdesheimer coffee. (B,L,D)
Day 5 :
MILTENBERG – WERTHEIM
Enjoy a scenic cruise to Miltenberg, the “Pearl of the Main River.” While on your walking tour, you’ll discover why this medieval town seems to leap from the pages of a fairytale with its 14th- and 15th-century half-timbered, gabled houses; the famed Crooked House; and the venerable Royal Inn. For those who would like a more active adventure, hike to the Miltenberg Castle, offering majestic views of the town and river; or go on a guided bike ride along the Main River. Later in the day, set sail for Wertheim, considered to have one of Germany’s most beautiful city centers. While here, join a walking tour, hike to the ruins of Wertheim Castle, delight in a scenic bicycle ride along the Main River Valley or go to a pretzel bakery for a delicious tasting. (B,L,D)
Day 6 :
You have several choices of excursions. Join a walking tour of Würzburg nestled along the “Romantic Road,” or visit its crown jewel, the Baroque Residenz, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. If you prefer to get more active, hike up to the Marienberg Fortress, the most prominent landmark on the left bank of the Main River in Würzburg, or go on a guided bike tour through the countryside. Alternatively, go to Rothenburg, the best-preserved medieval town in Germany. The town is so pretty that the imagery of Walt Disney’s Pinocchio was very much influenced by sketches of Rothenburg. (B,L,D)
Day 7 :
Explore enchanting Bamberg, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, in one of three ways. Join a guided walking tour of this medieval gem to see its cathedral, Old Town Hall and elegant old mansions. Or taste your way through the city sampling smoked beer, licorice root and Hornla, a pastry. And for a more active adventure, join a guided bike tour. (B,L,D)
Day 8 :
Enjoy breathtaking views during your scenic cruising through the Main-Danube Canal.
Day 9 :
You have three choices of excursions while in Nuremberg. Enjoy a guided tour through this well-preserved medieval city, showcasing the Imperial Castle, famous town wall and the legendary fountain of the Market Square. Or turn back the pages of a darker history with a guided tour of the city’s most important WWII sites, including the coliseum. You’ll also visit the Nuremberg Trials Memoriam and Courtroom 600, if the courtroom is not in session. Alternatively, partake in a traditional Franconian specialties tasting of famous Nuremburger bratwurst, rotbier (red beer) and lebkuchen (gingerbread). Later in the day, cruise through the man-made marvel, the Main-Danube Canal. (B,L,D)
Day 10 :
Explore one of Germany’s best preserved medieval cities, Regensburg, on a guided walking tour showcasing the city’s architectural highlights, including the Old Town Hall and the Porta Praetoria. As an alternate option, sample some of Bavaria’s specialties—beer, sausage and pretzels. And for a more active adventure, bike to Walhalla where you will see the neoclassical white marble temple. (B,L,D)
Day 11 :
Discover Passau in one of three ways. Enjoy a walking tour and marvel at Gothic and Italian Baroque architecture and St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Guests looking for a more active morning can choose between a guided bike tour along the Danube, or a guided hike up to the Veste Oberhaus Fortress. (B,L,D)
Day 12 :
Cruise to Melk where you can visit its magnificent Benedictine Abbey, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of Europe’s largest and most revered Baroque monasteries. For a more active adventure, you can also join a guided bike tour along the Danube River. (B,L,D)
Day 13 :
The heart of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, Vienna, remains as renowned today as it has throughout history. The entire city center is a UNESCO World Heritage Site awash with Baroque treasures. Your city tour showcases its regal splendors, including the majestic Opera House and the former Imperial Palace of the Habsburgs. Conclude in Vienna’s historic city center and then visit the majestic St. Stephen’s Cathedral, which has stood watch over Vienna for 700 years and is one of the most important and beloved landmarks in Austria. Or, if you prefer to go on a more active adventure, then join a guided bike tour through Vienna. During the afternoon, enjoy leisure time exploring this iconic city even more. (B,L,D)
Day 14 :
Discover the “Queen of the Danube” on your city tour beginning with a visit to the Great Market Hall followed by a panoramic tour of both the Buda and the Pest sides of the river. As an alternative choice, hike up to Castle Hill. (B,L,D)
Day 15 :
DISEMBARKATION – DEPART BUDAPEST
Bid adieu to Budapest and prepare for your flight home. (B)
(B - breakfast, L - lunch, D - dinner)
TOUR PRICES & DEPARTURE DATES:Click Here for BEST-BUY quote.
|EMBARK DATE||EMBARKATION CITY||DISEMBARKATION CITY||SHIP NAME||PRICES|
- Important: Dates, prices & itineraries are subject to change.
- Port Charges: $168 per person.
- Single Supplement for Cruise: 50% of twin price; AA+ & Suites 100% of twin price. Please see terms below for details.
- Bedding: Please select bedding configuration at the time of booking. Option A: Two twin beds Option B: One large bed (larger than queen size).
- To reserve a spot please click here and fill in the reservation form.
Terms & Conditions:
- All rates are per person for cruise only, based on double occupancy in an entry level category stateroom unless stated otherwise. Offer is valid on select sailings only and applicable to new bookings only. Unless explicitly stated that single supplement is waived, solo travelers in a double occupancy stateroom must pay an additional single supplement amount before receiving any discounts. Ask about Solo Traveler promotions. Offer is not combinable with any other promotions/discounts, limited to availability, capacity controlled and subject to change or termination without notice. Port charges, land programs and round-trip airfare. Other restrictions apply. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California.
- Click here to view: Deckplan of AMA-WATERWAYS River Cruise Ships
- The brand new fleet of AMA-WATERWAYS ships are setting new standards in European river cruising and offer a number of features not found on other European river cruise ships. Clients will enjoy the luxury of more space, 2 panorama lounges, Fitness Center, Massage and Beauty Salon. There are 25 bicycles on board for you to explore the small towns and to ride on the many bicycle paths along the various rivers. The ships operate for the English speaking market only.