Magical Christmas Markets - 7-NIGHT CRUISE
Day 1 :
NUREMBERG, GERMANY – EMBARKATION
Board the ship in Nuremberg for your Magical Christmas Markets cruise. (D)
Day 2 :
Join a city tour of WWII highlights and then walk through Nuremberg’s cobblestone streets to the Imperial Castle and 900-year-old city ramparts. Visit Nuremberg’s Christkindlesmarkt, one of the world’s largest and most famous Christmas Markets. Later in the day, cruise through the Main-Danube Canal. (B,L,D)
Day 3 :
Regensburg is one of Germany’s best preserved medieval cities, as well as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Join a guided walking tour showcasing the city’s architectural highlights, including the Old Town Hall and the Porta Praetoria, before visiting the Old Town Christmas Market. As an alternate option, sample some of Bavaria’s specialties—beer, sausage and pretzels. Or bike to the base of Walhalla where you will see the neoclassical white marble temple inspired by the Parthenon in Athens. Later in the day, you’ll be treated to one of Bavaria’s most beautiful and romantic Christmas Markets at Thurn and Taxis, where you can watch craftsmen make their unique arts and crafts. (B,L,D)
Day 4 :
Picturesque Passau, a fairytale city founded more than 2,000 years ago, is noted for its Gothic and Italian Baroque architecture. During the season of Advent, the city dresses in her Bavarian holiday splendor, which you will discover on your walking tour through the city and at its Christmas Market at St. Stephen’s Square—also home to its stunning cathedral. Go in search of unique crafts, including Bavarian-style houses and glass ornaments. If you prefer a more active adventure, join a guided bike ride along the Danube or choose instead to climb to the Mariahilf pilgrimage church and monastery that offers magnificent views across the old town and surrounding countryside. (B,L,D)
Day 5 :
Linz is known for being the city of Christmas creches and its ever-popular Linzer torte. While here, you have a choice of three excursions. The first is a full-day visit to magnificent Salzburg dressed in her holiday best. Enjoy a walking tour of its UNESCO-designated Old Town, its grand cathedral, inspired by St. Peter’s Cathedral at the Vatican, and its Christmas Market at Hellbrunn Palace. Alternatively, you can choose a morning walking tour through Linz’s old city center and by the Mozart House, where he composed the Linz Symphony in only three days, as well as visit Linz’s Christmas Markets. Or you can go on a guided bike tour through Linz and along the city’s famed “Cultural Mile” and the Danube. During the afternoon, you can visit the charming mountain town, Česky Krumlov, located just over the Czech-Austrian border. (B,L,D)
Day 6 :
MELK – DÜRNSTEIN – KREMS
The awe-inspiring Benedictine Abbey, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is on full display for your enjoyment on your tour. Later in the day, set sail through the breathtaking Wachau Valley. Or for those seeking a more active adventure, bike through the Wachau Valley to Durnstein. Once in Durnstein, join a walking tour and wine tasting. As an alternative to the walking tour of Dürnstein, the more active guest may choose to venture high above the town for a visit to the majestic ruins of Kuenringer Castle, or “Dürnstein” (‘dry stone’) castle from which Dürnstein derives its name. Alternatively, enjoy an apricots and sweets tasting. Later in the day, set sail to Krems, where you can enjoy a wine tasting or walking tour. (B,L,D)
Day 7 :
The “City of Waltzes” offers a treasure trove of gems just waiting to be discovered. Join a tour showcasing its regal splendors, such as the majestic Opera House and the former Imperial Palace of the Habsburgs before concluding in Vienna’s historic city center. Afterwards, you’ll enjoy the festivities of the Christmas Markets. If you prefer a more active adventure, then join a guided bike ride through Vienna. During the afternoon, visit the Schönbrunn Palace Christmas Market with its giant Christmas tree. In the evening, spend some free time at the beautifully decorated Rathaus Platz Christmas Market before returning to the ship. (B,L,D)
Day 8 :
VIENNA – DISEMBARKATION
Disembark the ship and bid farewell to Vienna as you prepare for your return flight home. (B)
(B - breakfast, L - lunch, D - dinner)
TOUR PRICES & DEPARTURE DATES:Click Here for BEST-BUY quote.
|EMBARK DATE||EMBARKATION CITY||DISEMBARKATION CITY||SHIP NAME||PRICES|
- Important: Dates, prices & itineraries are subject to change.
- Port Charges: $168 per person.
- Single Supplement for Cruise: 50% of twin price; AA+ & Suites 100% of twin price. Please see terms below for details.
- Bedding: Please select bedding configuration at the time of booking. Option A: Two twin beds Option B: One large bed (larger than queen size).
- To reserve a spot please click here and fill in the reservation form.
Terms & Conditions:
- All rates are per person for cruise only, based on double occupancy in an entry level category stateroom unless stated otherwise. Offer is valid on select sailings only and applicable to new bookings only. Unless explicitly stated that single supplement is waived, solo travelers in a double occupancy stateroom must pay an additional single supplement amount before receiving any discounts. Ask about Solo Traveler promotions. Offer is not combinable with any other promotions/discounts, limited to availability, capacity controlled and subject to change or termination without notice. Port charges, land programs and round-trip airfare. Other restrictions apply. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California.
- Click here to view: Deckplan of AMA-WATERWAYS River Cruise Ships
- The brand new fleet of AMA-WATERWAYS ships are setting new standards in European river cruising and offer a number of features not found on other European river cruise ships. Clients will enjoy the luxury of more space, 2 panorama lounges, Fitness Center, Massage and Beauty Salon. There are 25 bicycles on board for you to explore the small towns and to ride on the many bicycle paths along the various rivers. The ships operate for the English speaking market only.